Thursday, October 6, 2016

HST Layer Cake Thing...#2 Always Changing...Like Life...

So here we are: more changes around the Layer Cake corner... 
 Way too much fun!

Here goes my girl again...biking with her man in the desert and mountains of Utah.
Checking out Emu eggs on a Wwoof in Utah..
 Playing her tin whistle in an Irish music session in Durango, Colorado
Eating my way through my stress with coffee ice cream...
Tomorrow I will just have to throw it away!!!! 
Did you hear me, Mrs. O'Quilts???

Spent the morning back at the county animal shelter with our Boo
We have only had him one week and he is so sick.
I took off his collar in anticipation of having to surrender him.
But...no...it is upper respiratory infection..drippy eyes, coughing..etc.
Evidently common in shelter cats .  It is stimulated by neutering..
They gave me a $200 voucher for a vet..
They made the appointment and put the directions in my phone.
10 days of antibiotics and eye cream and our Boo should be ready to play.
I have him tucked in my bathroom away from the other cats.
TBTG

I am still going nuts with my asthmatic bronchitis.
The other night Lynsey crawled in bed with me in the middle of the night.
I was coughing.
Grandma!!!  You are having an asthma attack!
Did you do your breathing treatment??
No Lynsey, I forgot....
No, Grandma, you did not forget...You just hate the treatments.
You know Grandma...sometimes we just have to do things we do not like to do.
Said the seven year old to the 68 year old.
Someone has to keep Grandma O'Quilts straight!!


3 comments:

Ellen Guerrant said...

Oh please feel better, sweet Diane!

See you soon.

xo

ES said...

Take the medicine! The asthma sounds awful:( the ice cream sounds good! My favourite is mint choc chip! The pin wheels look fab :)

Karaquilts said...

A visit from you is always a treat ~ ~ a quick look at your creative adventures which are delightful, a tug on our hearts, and a smile of appreciation for the insights of a child.

Blessings to you too and may you feel better very quickly!