Sunday, January 1, 2017

From Thailand with Love , Happy New Year!!

A delivery for New Year's to make it so special!
 For our New Year cheer and my birthday,  came a myriad of surprises.
My heart and ...my girl...From elephant land came:
Fabric...and more...
Treats...I especially love the little round circles.
Since I am starting to feel better, I am actually brushing my hair and...
caring a bit more about how I look..Voila.... a necklace and more.
A stunning shawl...
Voile...shawl..or table runner or fabric to use and pet and love...
Love, especially..
Fabric...two yards each...one yard for my sister and one yard for me!!
I already washed each piece alone with a piece of white cloth..
No color bleeding...Perfect!
She sent Thai chips and snacks in a big exciting box.
for the children.
I opened it at midnight on New Year's Eve.

I have let go of a lot of illusion of control in my life...
I am working on acceptance of life on life's terms..Grief has humbled me.
I am even eating veggies
lol
This package is the beginning of good things for the New Year for our family.
So grateful for these past days to rebuild my emotional strength.
So grateful for my girl.
xxoo

PS..I saw a college age girl at a store the other day.
She was wearing a sweatshirt in Yale colors.
But, instead of Yale, it said Kale....lol

3 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

I do so wish all the best for you and your family for 2017! How lovely to receive the package from your daughter, perfect gifts inside for all.

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

A rather exciting package to begin you knew year. I hope 2017 brings many good things into the life of your family. :)

Karaquilts said...

What a lovely way to see one year out and another clean fresh new year in ~ ~ packages from Thailand! and what thoughtful items inside. They are so happy and bright and loving. I'm glad you had a week of refreshment and recovery! And now to see what new and exciting things you will create. I'm over half done on my Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt ~ ~ each year I say it is the last one I will make ~ ~ and here I am in the midst of another. Though last year I made one/fourth the number of pieces at twice the size ~ ~ and wound up with two huge quilt tops!!! (put them back to back, though :):) Happy, happy 2017 with hugs ~ ~