Sunday, July 30, 2017

My New Hip and Hop Party....

Day seven...I am back...
Ready now....set go....

Wow....pain galore...I cannot believe that I am now through the hardest part.
Surgery last Monday morning brought a new hip, tons of pain, fear....
A bone bleed that required a blood transfusion and 5 extra days in the hospital. for anemia.
I just could not see the light..
Lucky me...saw old friends, met new friends...and once again, survived.
These friends have warmed my heart.
I am on some pretty heavy pain medications every 4 hours.
Today, the pain broke..and I was able to move around enough to sew. without screaming.
I could not have  made it without the support of my blogging friends..xo
Today, I was able to rest outside on this glorious day.
My girl asked what I would like to eat.
I said Oreos.....I think our definition of comfort food is different..
 Here are 21 pot-luck travel covers...tute on front of my blog.
I had these all prepped for threading the elastic from a sitting position..like now.
 Pinned the hand warmers for teachers..
If I continue to improve like this...(knock on wood), I will sew these together tomorrow
after physical therapy.  I am grateful that  my PT will come to me.
She is the same one one that I had for my knee,  which is very nice.
Wonderful Rachel turned up at the hospital with Hugs and Kisses..
I love you Rachel.
Now, my girl found them and Hugs and Kisses are being rationed...
I am so happy. the surgery is over.
I am so happy to have hope again.
I am so happy to have a daughter like my Emily.
I am so happy to once again...see the light.


12 comments:

http://thankfullga447 said...

I am so glad you are getting better, it takes time don't rush. Sleep when you can.

ES said...

You've been on my mind. I'm so glad you could blog today:) take it easy :)

Karaquilts said...

Oh, I am sooo glad for you ~ ~ and that this past week is now behind you as well! and that I had an update to start my day :) ~ ~ I love picturing you threading elastic through your pot covers and pinning and matching your handwarmers ~ ~ and enjoying your dear sweet daughter. Aren't we just blessed?? What a treat to hear from you :):):)

Recovery Discovery (R) said...

Rationing just means you'll have more reminders that I'm sending hugs and kisses. ��

Mystic Quilter said...

So you are back with us!!! Happy to read your post, follow doctor orders and get plenty of rest!

Pieces of Sunshine said...

Diane you have indeed once again survived. I hope all will continue to improve with no more hiccups. Sewing and blogging are both amazing positive focuses. 😊

Karen

Cjsmimi said...

Good Morning, dear friend! You have been in my thoughts and prayers and it's good to hear that you are as "spunky" as usual. Keep on "keepin' on" and you will marvel at how a pain-free hip (or hips in my case) make your life better! Chin up, pretty lady...

Margo said...

So glad to see your daughter is taking good care of you! I remember my appendix ruptured a few years back and my eldest came to my rescue! Thank God for daughters! As always...I am so buoyed by your incredible approach to life with all the challenges you have had to face! YOU GO GIRL!!! YOU ARE A FORCE TO BE RECKONED WITH! Those grands are so very lucky to have an amazing grandma like you! Sending you most positive thoughts and prays for a quick recovery so you can show off what you are doing! Huge Hugs from Canada eh? hee hee....Margo

Rhonda said...

Late to the party, me. So glad to here you're feeling a bit less pain & can sew a bit. Keep on improving. Warm thoughts & prayers are racing you way!!

Laurel said...

Hi Diane. As always, reading your blog and keeping good thoughts for all the Muldoons. So glad Emily could be there for you. Continued success on your road to recovery.

Dawn said...

Best wishes for continued success in your recovery.

ES said...

How are you Diane? You're in my thoughts and I hope that you're healing and looking after yourself x